Sunday, October 20, 2013

Free Books!!!

The most amazing thing happened last week! I received and e-mail from The Used Book Superstore. For those of you unfamiliar with this store it is the greatest place on Earth! They have used books, in good condition, dirt cheap! The place is huge and they have close to 6 locations now. They are amazing! Anyways here's what the e-mail said!

October is Our Teacher Appreciation Month!

We're giving free books to our favorite educators!
For the rest of the month of October, we're giving away free books to teachers! Come in and show proof that you're an educator (your MTA card or a copy of a paycheck), and help yourself to as many free green labeled books as you can carry! That's right; any of the over 15,000 green labeled books in the store! Grab some kids' books for your classroom, or treat yourself to some reading material for yourself. We have tons of green labeled books spread throughout our store, in every section, but they're sure to go fast. So, stop in soon, and let us say thanks for all you do!



Amazing right?!?!?! Well, teaching in a district that provides no supplies (we don't even have a math program) I took full advantage of this program!!! I left with 143 free books!!!!! I know..... I know.... some might call it an obsession. I just call it using my resources wisely (I am a Girl Scout after all). After getting all of these free books I just had to lay them all out. It took over the entire living room. Oscar wasn't quite sure what to make of it all but he knew he wanted to help out and be a part of the excitement.


No comments:

Post a Comment