Monday, August 19, 2013

Birthday Pencils

It's been a whole week and my classroom is almost done :)

Last year I was hired one week before school started and didn't have a chance to go through what was in the room. I foolishly thought I'd stay after school one day and see what was there. Ha! That never happened. I decided to use my last week of summer break (so sad) to go through the room. I trashed so many old things! I feel so much better about starting this year!

Tomorrow we go back and have our teacher welcome ceremonies and all of the paperwork stuff we need to take care of. Then we get some time in our rooms. My classroom is so close to being done and ready for the kiddos to arrive! Tomorrow afternoon I should also be getting my "official" class list. Official in quotes because there's always those students who register on the first day and just show up at your door. Tons of fun! Tomorrow I'll also be taking pictures of my classroom to post! I'm super excited about my set up this year!

Today I finished my birthday balloons for the kiddos! Last year I used printed birthday balloons and attached them to crazy straws! They were much like the ones on pinterest using pixi sticks.  This year, thanks to Crayons and Curls, they look like this!!! 



I attached them to color changing birthday pencils from smilemakers.com



I think the kiddos are really going to like them :)




No comments:

Post a Comment