Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Classroom Set-Up

After a week of hard work my room is finally ready for my new firsties!!! 


This is what you see when you enter my room! I love my room this year! It's a zoo theme!!! The things hanging from the ceiling are monkeys!!! 
  

If you turn to the right as you walk in you'll see my birthday "board". The fire department hates loves me! Silly five foot rule! How does one not utilize this amazing wall space? Anyways, the "board" is almost done. I just need to add the student's cupcakes with their birthdays on them!




Here's a close-up of my library! I'm a little OCD about the library and I bought the labeling system from reallygoodstuff.com to help keep the library in order. 


Don't you love the bare tree? Each time we read a book we'll be adding a leaf to the tree. By the end of the year it'll be so very full!!! Here's a picture of the other side of my library....my section! I found the chair cushion at the Home Depot the other day! I was so excited!!!


Just behind my chair is where my students keep their belongings. There's not enough space on the hooks for the kids to keep backpacks and coats so they also have these wonderful backpack bins to toss their bags in. No big deal, right, since the bags always end up on the floor anyways!
On the other side of the library is my new listening center! Last year our schedule didn't allow us time for literacy centers so my listening center was completely underutilized! This year I made certain to make it a very special place!




 This is the view from the other side of the classroom!


As you move around the room a bit more you'll see my little corner of the room! I love they way my "personal" space turned out! 

The kiddos come tomorrow and this is the first thing they'll see when they walk in!

Time to hit the hay.... it'll be a very exhausting busy day tomorrow!












No comments:

Post a Comment